Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Mystery of the Diamond Earring, Part 6

"Okay," said Shenice trying to remain calm," go out on the front porch and stall him. But don't let him in and don't let him leave until we get there." Shenice hung up the phone.

Old phone

She hurried to the dining room and quickly thought of an excuse for leaving all of the sudden. "I . . . uh, left something at Ms. Rachel's and she needs me to come get it," said Shenice. "Come on, Taylor, why don't you come with me?"

On the way to Ms. Rachel's house,
Shenice explained to Taylor what was going on. When they got there they saw Ms. Rachel talking to a man in a very corny, cheap looking suit. He was holding a vacuum.

"Hi Ms. Rachel!" called Shenice.

"Hi!" said Ms. Rachel with a hint of relief on her face.

"Now if you just let me inside I'll show you how this vacuum cleaner works," said the 'sales person'. He didn't even acknowledge the girls' presence.

"I'm sorry," said Ms. Rachel, "but you can't come inside."

"Ya right!" said the man as he pushed his way through the door!


To be continued....

7 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Charis,
I stopped by to tickle your penguins and play a game of hangman and WOW ... I found a NEW POST!

Creepy salesman! I hope they call 911!

Charis said...

I agree, Carol-Ann! That guy needs to go down! Good thing Shenice and Taylor are there to protect Miss Rachel!

Charis said...

Oh, that last comment was from Charis' mom, not Charis. :-) This one too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what is going to happen next? Just to excited to wait. Tell us
more Renae.....wonderful writing

Charis said...

My mom is not the writer. I am. :-)

Charis

Charis said...

I just forgot to sign out above when my mom commented, and so it showed up as me.

Charis

Anonymous said...

What a talented child you are. Great imagination.